Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wedding Thoughts of the Day

So my new favorite magazine, and new favorite website is Wedding Star. http://www.weddingstar.com/
They have so many amazing ideas for your wedding, and for favors and place settings, etc. I have their latest magazine, and it is so much fun to look at! I could just pour over that magazine for hours. (I did mention that I love wedding magazines right?!)

Something that I got the idea for from one of their magazines is the sand ceremony. I won't totally describe how it works, you can look it up if you're really interested, or you can see it at my wedding. But it is a totally awesome idea, and I think we're going to use it at our wedding.


In other news, who ever knew that there is so much to think about when you're planning a wedding. It just totally blew my mind when i first started thinking about everything that we have to decide.
I don't know about any of you, but I wasn't one of those girls that has everything planned before I even met my fiance. Yes, I did dream about my wedding, but I did that more after I met Derek than before.
But still, it was just this last semester when Derek and I seriously started talking about getting married that I started pouring over wedding magazines. I wasn't really looking to plan my wedding, I was looking and dreaming about getting married. I was dreaming about when I could plan my wedding. I'm not one of those girls that thinks it's ok to start planning before I actually get engaged.
Oh well, I've had great fun picking things out, and deciding on colors and such. It's interesting too to realize that it's my wedding, so I don't have to go with what everybody else wants. I can pick stuff for just me, it's a day about me! (and Derek, I don't forget him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment